Thursday, September 16, 2010

the leaves are changing color.

i sat here on my bed for about three hours, creating this blog and making these posts. 

My room mate said, "I hate when the leaves change color. I mean, it's beautiful but it makes me anxious of the snow that's going to come."

I looked up and outside my window. Sure enough, some of the leaves have fallen and the leaves that were once green last week are now orange, red, and yellow. 

A week ago, these leaves were green. GREEN. today, there are different colors. These leaves are in front of my window. I looked out this window a million times a day. Why haven't I noticed that these colors change before?

Change is so subtle. It's in front of our faces, but we can never see it until the change is a big change. 

I wonder what's changing around me, that's so subtle that I don't even notice now. I wonder when I will notice.

I wonder what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment